Whether you are moving to another country, leaving for a new city or just relocating down the road, protect your possessions from the moment packing starts right up to the time they are unpacked on arrival at your new home. No matter where you move to, or how you choose to move, be it by land, sea or air, GIG’s Relocation Insurance is the peace of mind you have been looking for.
Our product is designed to meet your insurance needs so you can focus on making memories. We offer cover for your:
- Personal Belongings & Household Goods
- Motor Vehicles
Good to know
- Your Personal Effects should be valued at the current market value at destination, i.e. the approximate replacement value of the item at destination.
- You can’t insure part of your cargo. It is important that all cargo, without exception, is insured under this policy. Selection is not allowed, and could result in affecting your cover/claim settlement, if any.
- The policy only includes cover for cargo stored in the ordinary course of transit in the Packer’s or Agent’s warehouse at destination and not at any other location. There is no cover once the personal effects are delivered to your new residence at destination.
- If outward packing or cargo is found to be damaged or packages found to be missing, when cargo is delivered by the carrier/their agent, please issue a qualified receipt, noting the shortages/damages, In no event should a clean receipt be issued to the carrier.
- Loss or damage should be notified to GIG as soon as possible within 15 days of delivery of goods at destination.